In this episode we'll not add any more features, but tidy up our work from last time. We'll add some structure with the Backbone Router and prevent doing work in Ajax request callbacks by instead listening to events.
I recommend viewing this in HD in fullscreen for best viewing.
- Part 1: Set up Express, Mongo and our first route to show all books
- Part 2: Set up a route for viewing a single book and did some tidying of our codebase.
- Part 3: Create a route so new books can be added via a POST request.
- Part 4: Setting up Backbone and creating a model for our books.
- Part 5: Adding Backbone views and rendering data to the frontend.
The code is on GitHub as always.
Don't miss my latest course, React in Five! This course will help you level up your React skills by covering lesser known parts of the React API. Each video is less than five minutes long, and the first four are free to watch. Get started now.
Subscribe to keep up to date with the latest content.
Join the JS Playground mailing list to be kept up to date with the latest tutorials, screencasts and more. You won't be spammed and you can unsubscribe at any time.