In this episode we do some refactoring and add a route for viewing a single book's details. We'll swap out views and update the page dynamically, allowing the user to click on a book title to see more information. We'll see how Backbone manages URLs for us and we make sure things work on refresh too.
I recommend viewing this in HD in fullscreen for best viewing.
- Part 1: Set up Express, Mongo and our first route to show all books
- Part 2: Set up a route for viewing a single book and did some tidying of our codebase.
- Part 3: Create a route so new books can be added via a POST request.
- Part 4: Setting up Backbone and creating a model for our books.
- Part 5: Adding Backbone views and rendering data to the frontend.
- Part 6: Adding structure with the Backbone Router
The code is on GitHub as always.