I have had a lot of tweets recently asking about how I work, the tools I use, the workflow I’ve adopted and lots of related questions. I regularly tweet about tools and what I’m up to; some people get annoyed by it but to me one of the best things you can do is to see how other developers do things & integrate bits into a workflow that suits you.
- how I use Vim
- command line JS tools (Grunt, etc)
- Using Git
- Debugging with the Chrome dev tools
- TDD with Jasmine / Mocha / QUnit / others
- CoffeeScript development
As there’s a lot to cover, these will be split over multiple screencasts. What I’m looking for from you lovely readers is two things:
- What should I code up? If there’s a plugin you’d like to see created or a library made, then let me know! I’ll do it for free, as long as you’re happy that it gets put on Github in all its glory.
- What specifically would you like me to talk about?
In these screencasts I wont be explaining how every line of code works, I’ll explain bits but I’ll focus more on the tools I’m using, tricks & tips I’ve picked up, and so on.
So, the power is in your hands…